Homework Extra Credit: March 9
WWI was the first modern and mechanized war. Use this link to answer these questions. Bring your answers and attach or rewrite them on to your homework.
- What was one new weapon used for the first time?
- Who was the "Red Baron?"
- Most of WWI was fought along the Western Front; what was the Western Front?
- During WWI, how many soldiers died per day?
- What caused 60% of U.S. Army deaths?
No need for a parent signature because your homework is due at the end of Advisory on Monday.
Homework Extra Credit: March 2
- Friday is March 6, why is this day important to Texas History?
- Water is essential for life and agriculture; California used aqueducts. What did Texans use to get water for agriculture?
Homework Extra Credit: Feb. 10
- What do historians say tamed the Wild West?
- Why was it impossible to build fences in West Texas?
- What year was the first patent for barbed wire?
- What is the difference between the Burnell and Glidden types of barbed wire?
- When was the "Buckthorn" introduced?
Homework Extra Credit: Feb. 3
Answer these questions on your homework for extra credit:
- How many Hispanics fought during the Civil War?
- Look at the map, most Civl War battles in Texas were fought in which of the 4 Regions?
- John B. Magruder was the victorious Confederate general at the Battle of Galveston. What does the "B" stand for in his name?
- Who is Santos Benavides?
- What is one job women took over from men during the Civil War? (Hint: There are 10 different answers)
Need help answering these questions? Click the Links tab and find Texas in the Civil War. ===>
Homework Extra Credit: Jan. 27
Answer these questions on your homework for extra credit. Don't forget to use pen and get a parent signature.
- Who was chosen to command the 54th Massachusetts?
- Other than Massachusetts, which states did volunteers for the 54th come from?
- Sons of which famous abolitionist enlisted in the 54th?
Civil War Test
Your test has matching, true/false, and multiple choice.
Matching: Know the following...
- states' rights
- Emancipation Proclamation
- Pickett's Charge
- Appomattox Courthouse
Quiz 13 Bonus Points
What do you know about Uncle Tom's Cabin? Write your answer(s) on the back of the quiz for bonus points.